Join CCLA Enter a Tournament Constitution & Bylaws Using this Web Site
- TournamentsTournament Descriptions Current Sections Tournament Archives Server Team Championship
- Ratings & ResultsCurrent Ratings Rating Archives Current Results Results Archives Grand Prix Standings Rating System
- Rules & FAQsServer Rules Server FAQ Adjudication FAQ
- ICCF ServerLog On ICCF-US News ICCF Web Rules
- General Interest
Prizes are $100 for 1st, $50 for 2nd, $30 for 3rd, $20 for 4th and $10 for 5th.
2017 - 2018 Latest results as of 8/31/2017 SHANNON** PAUL D 36 SMILEY* WILLIAM 35 CATANIA DUANE K 31 DISQUE PHILIP 30 CROSS# GREGORY W 26 MCLAUGHLIN* EDWARD J 25 NURMI RONALD R 25 CANGELOSI* DOMINIC A 24 CORBETT WILLIAM 24 PERRY WILLIAM 24 RITZMANN ANDREW 24 HEY BRIAN 23 WOODFIELD# RANDALL B 22 Our Grand Prix page lists all participants in GP point order. Grand Prix Contest Rules
Final standings are based on results from 04/01/17 - to 03/31/18. Wins count +3 pts, draws +1 pt. Note: results from foreign matches are not counted.
free EMAIL NEWSLETTER
Are you just learning to play chess? Do you know the Arabian Mate, or the x-ray attack in chess? If not, here's good news. CCLA offers a How to Play Chess Tutorial, indexed by topic: Glossary of chess terms, 24 Standard Tactics with live pgn demos and 25 Checkmate Patterns with live pgn demos. For advanced students, a comprehensive study plan of many chess endgame rules plus a link to FIDE's Rules of Chess. Note: players must understand the Laws of Chess, CCLA's Rules of Play and be able to read and write standard chess notation before entering CCLA tournaments. [top]
A dozen reasons... to play server chess here!
• Convenient. Play your server chess games from desktop, phone or tablet. • Easy. No complicated software to download and install. Everything happens in your own browser. • Log on to the server, select My Games, make your next move(s) in the graphical chess interface and then log off. It's that easy! • The server will automatically notify players by email when a new section starts and / or an opponent has played a new move, eliminating the need to log on and off the server, looking for your opponents' latest moves. • 100% free access to both CCLA websites - no annoying log on required. • No intrusive pop-ups, ads, screen highjacks or app stores. CCLA doesn't sell anything and doesn't accept any commercial advertising. • No cookies or tracking codes (see privacy statement.) • No anonymous opponents or fake user names - CCLA members use their real names. • Membership in CCLA includes your choice of quarterly printed magazine or pdf email version. • Contact CCLA using regular email or our contact form. No irritating Captchas or log-ins required. • Updated ratings and chess-results are published monthly. • Not FIDE, ICCF or USCF rated? No problem! CCLA will assign your initial rating so you can begin server play right away.
Just one click away ... sign-up for new memberships and renewals Note: your online payments to CCLA are processed through PayPal's Secure HTTPS Website.
CCLA utilizes PayPal ... it's fast, convenient and safe. Click on the PayPal icon above to access your existing account or open a new PayPal account.
CCLA also accepts checks and money orders via regular mail with our printable application and tourn. entry forms. Membership applications must be filled- out completely!
Entries Close in 1 Week
Teams consist of six players. Team and individual applications accepted. If you apply as an individual we will assign you to a team based on your rating and the team needs. The number of divisions, teams per division and games played per opponent depend on the number of entries.
Teams are assigned to divisions based on the average team rating. Each player plays one or two games against opponents on his board ( Board 1 plays all other Board 1 players, etc.)
Anyone who is interested in being a team captain for the 2017 SERVER TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP, and any interested players not yet committed to a team captain, please contact CCLA's Server TD: Team players and team captains please review Special Server Team Rules . The entry fee is USD $8 except for team captains who play for free.
Entry deadline: October 1st
— Open Entry Events —
Regular Quads. Open year 'round to all players rated 1800 and below. Four-player section, two server chess games per opponent. Play begins when section is filled. Entry fee $6 per section, multiple entries permitted.
Entry: enter anytime!
Premier Quads. Open year 'round to all players rated 1600 and above. Four-player section, two server chess games per opponent. Play begins when section is filled. Entry fee $6 per section, multiple entries permitted.
Entry: enter anytime!
— Seasonal Events —
Winter Server Series - one round, semi-class server chess event open to players of all ratings. There are usually six server chess games played. Entries are lined-up according to their ratings. Multiple entries are permitted.
Entry fee $6.
Entry deadline: January 15th, 2018
Copyright © 2005– by CCLA.
All rights reserved.